Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Rach Makes Chocolate Duck Pretzels







































So I saw this pin on pinterest while planning my daughters 2nd birthday party. We did a duck theme and I thought this would be a perfect addition to the dessert table. I love small munchies that people can steal before dessert formally starts (and so do our family and friends), not to mention something cute to put in my apothecary jars (which I love an excuse to use anytime).

Candy purchased at Michaels
Here's the original pin Stop Lookin' Start Cookin' Ladybug, Duck, Bunny, Pacman Pretzels and below is my take on it.

Here's what I used:
Mini Pretzels
Black Pearl Sprinkles
Rainbow Chip Crunch
Yellow Candy Melts

So I have to admit that this entire project took me 10-15 minutes to do about 130+ pretzels. It was easy, cut and delicious - a perfect combination! I laid out the pretzels so they were all facing the same direction on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. I like to always work on cookie sheets so I can easily move things while they are still drying. Then I melted some candy melts in the microwave. I like to put my candy melts in a small bowl and heat them for 60 seconds on high. I then stir it and if it is not completely melted I put it on for 20 second intervals after that.

Once you have the candy melts melted, put them in a plastic ziplock bag, zip it up and snip just a small piece off the corner. It is always better to start smaller because you can always make the hole bigger. The first time I did this I cut the hole too big and the candy melts were all over. Trust me - smaller is better.


I did about 20 or so or a full cookie sheet and then I dropped in the black pearls for the eyes. Also while my candy melts where in the microwave, I dug out all the orange chips from my container and had them waiting for me in a small bowl. I placed one of these on its side so it looked like a little beak and voila! Cute little duck pretzels.

Not only did these look adorable, but they tasted great. I actually cheated and made them a couple weeks before the party and froze them. I took them out the day before the party and nobody knew I had made them beforehand. I believe you can freeze almost anything.
Duck Pretzels in Apothecary Jar

Look how cute they looked in my mason jar with the rest of my duck desserts! You could do these for Easter too and think of them chicks. They would also be adorable at a baby shower. Just think of the possibilities!
Duck Party Dessert Table with Pretzel Ducks

Duck Pretzels

Ingredients:
Mini Pretzels
Yellow Candy Melts
Black Pearl Sprinkles
Rainbow Chip Crunch

Tools:
Wax Paper
Ziplock Bag

Directions:
  1. Lay out Pretzels on wax paper
  2. Melt candy melts
  3. Move melted candy melts into ziplock bag and snip the corner
  4. Pipe the candy melts onto the pretzels
  5. Add black pearl for eye and orange rainbow chip crunch for beak

No comments:

Post a Comment