Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Rach Makes Snowcone Syrup Using Tropical Fruit Juices

So for the upcoming beach party, my friend is going to have snowcones. Who doesn't love snowcones? I think she and I got hooked on them when we went to Hawaii for Christmas with the whole family. We hiked Diamond Head and at the base of it was this food truck selling shaved ice or what we call snowcones. They were amazing!
And the view at the top wasn't bad either.
When we were there they had all sorts of cool flavors. If you go and buy a snow cone machine where we are, they only come with boring flavors - blue raspberry, cherry, and grape. I loved the mango and pineapple flavors we had in Hawaii and wanted to recreate them for her party. I tried searching for some recipes but came up pretty much empty handed so I created my own and I think they came out pretty good!

You only need 2 ingredients - juice (in this case I used mango juice and pineapple juice) and sugar. Mix 1 1/2 cups of juice with the 3/4 cup sugar and heat until sugar dissolved and it comes to a boil. Heat for about a minute.

Let them cool completely before adding to your snowcone. Use on your snowcones and remember how amazing Hawaii was...You could also use it on pancakes or anywhere else a recipe calls for syrup.

My munchkin thought they were great!


Snowcone Syrup

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups juice
3/4 cup white sugar

Tools:
Small pot
Whisk

Directions:
  1. Stir together juice and sugar over medium heat until it boils and sugar dissolves
  2. Let boil for a minute or two
  3. Remove and cool completely before serving
  4. Add on top of your shaved ice for a tropical snow cone

No comments:

Post a Comment